Leftover Thanksgiving Shepherd’s Pie
Leftover Thanksgiving Shepherd’s Pie is an all time favorite for us because it’s the whole Thanksgiving dinner in one awesome warm casserole. Shepherds pie is a celebration of all of our favorite Thanksgiving comfort dishes in a “pie”. It’s hard to pass up this dish because it’s topped with mashed potatoes and baked until everything is warmed and combined into one complete delicious goodness. Classic shepherds pie recipe has veggies, meats, gravy and potatoes. So it’s the perfect opportunity to take all our Thanksgiving leftovers into a shepherds pie version because Thanksgiving has all those delicious components! Share it with family and friends and enjoy. Thanksgiving doesn’t have to just be one day of feasting! This is the dish that keeps on giving. Click here for all of our great Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipes and Delicious Thanksgiving Recipes.
Video: Watch how Leftover Thanksgiving Shepherds Pie is made!
You can freeze leftovers and they still taste great! If you made a big batch and more leftovers, then freeze them small batches. By doing this, they will thaw a little quicker. Or you can leave it in the fridge overnight to get a head start on thawing. They are even better later, especially when you’re craving leftovers.
Leftover Thanksgiving Shepherds Pie
- 2 cups (480 ml) leftover stuffing , approximately
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) leftover turkey , cubed or cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) cranberry sauce
- 1 cup (240 ml) leftover veggies , ham or anything but the pie, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup (240 ml) leftover gravy , or more if you like!
- 3-4 cups (720-960 ml) of leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , cut into 1/2” pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9” pie pan or an 8”x8” baking dish.
- Layer stuffing, turkey, cranberry sauce, veggies and gravy. Spread potatoes over the casserole. Dot with the butter.
- Bake until heated through and potatoes are golden, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool slightly. If you want, drizzle more gravy on top! Enjoy!
Here’s more shepherds pie recipe ideas.