Easy Stuffed Roast Turkey Breast with Stuffing
Stuffed roast turkey breast is always a favorite holiday dish. We love making stuffed turkey breast and have a low carb version stuffed with bacon and veggies here. This version is a recipe for stuffed turkey breast with traditional bread stuffing. It’s a fantastic way to enjoy Thanksgiving or Holiday dinners for two, or a smaller group. Our oven baked stuffed turkey breast with classic stuffing is filling and has extra stuffing for leftovers. This is one of those dishes that can be made outside the holidays too! If you want to enjoy these holiday themed dishes throughout the year, definitely treat ourself. If you love turkey stuffing, this version is definitely for you!
Video: Easy Stuffed Turkey Breast Recipe
How to Make Stuffed Roast Turkey Breast with Stuffing
- Make the stuffing and allow it to cool. Depending on the size of your turkey breast, you might have leftover stuffing.
- Prepare the turkey breasts by pound thing them to an even thickness. We like about 1/2-inch thick. Look at our step-by-step photos for how to stuff the turkey breast.
- Fill the turkey breasts and roll the breast into a log. Refer to the full recipe in the recipe box below and view all the helpful tutorial photos and watch the video.
This recipe was originally published in 2019 and re-published in 2020 with updated video. Enjoy more of these healthy turkey recipes here.
Roasted Stuffed Turkey Breast with Sausage Stuffing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 2 stalks celery , diced
- 1/2 medium onion , diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 3 fresh cloves, minced)
- 8 ounces Italian sausage (about 2 links), casings removed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme , oregano or rosemary (or 1 Tablespoon fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 8 cups dried croutons or dried stuffing cubes , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large egg , beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt , or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper , or to taste
- 3 pound turkey breast , de-boned and skin-on
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Make Stuffing: Heat pan, add olive oil, celery, onion, and garlic (or garlic powder). Cook until onions and garlic are softened. Add Italian sausage, break up the meat and cook until sausage is browned.
- Add thyme, sage, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for another minute until the spices are combined. Add chicken broth and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add stuffing and egg. Mix into the sausage mixture until everything is combined well. Set aside.
- Roll & Bake Turkey: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place plastic wrap on top of each turkey breast and pound thinner into an even thickness, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place the pounded turkey breast skin side down. Lay the stuffing on top of turkey breast. Fold one edge of turkey breast over to create a roll. Tie turkey breast to hold the shape.
- Season top of tied breast with additional salt and pepper. Place the tied turkey breast in a baking dish.
- Bake the turkey breast for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and place the remaining stuffing around the turkey. Return to the oven and continue baking for another 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of turkey reaches 165°F at turkey meat thickest part. Allow to rest for about 5-10 minutes, then slice and serve.
Here’s more of our—> Easy Turkey Recipes