Easy Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken
An everyday favorite, this slow cooker honey mustard chicken recipe is as easy as 1-2-3. With just a few ingredients, you’ll have dinner ready that’s all made for you in a slow cooker or crock pot. This recipe for honey mustard chicken has a great combination of sweet, savory and tangy flavors, all cooked wonderfully slow until the chicken is tender and fall-apart delicious. The addition of soy sauce adds a wonderful touch of savory umami flavor that balances well with honey, mustard and vinegar. Choose either boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs and you can use bone-in for more flavor. We love chicken thighs! 🙂 And you can serve this delicious slow cooker chicken recipe with your favorite rice, pasta or even in a sandwich. It’s delicious!
Video: Recipe for Honey Mustard Chicken in Slow Cooker
Our Favorite Cookers & Goodies for Entertaining:
Whether you prefer a slow cooker, pressure cooker, or a multi-cooker, these kitchen counter appliances help make dinner a little easier for the busy household, plus with an added bonus of some of our favorite finds for entertaining:
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken in Slow Cooker
This honey mustard chicken recipe is so moist and tender. You can keep it whole and cut the chicken in chunks and serve it with rice or pasta. Or you can shred it with two forks and make a “pulled chicken” for sandwiches, sliders, tacos or quesadillas. The possibilities for this honey mustard chicken is endless!
Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 2 to 2.5 pounds (910g-1140g) boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup (120ml) honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce (or Tamari for gluten free)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) mustard
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) malt vinegar (or distilled vinegar for gluten free)
- 4 garlic cloves , mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper , or to taste
To thicken the sauce (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) water
- In a 4 quart slow cooker, combine honey, soy sauce, mustard, malt vinegar, garlic and black pepper. Stir to combine all ingredients together well. Add the chicken and press chicken down to cover it in as much sauce as possible.
- Cook the chicken 4-5 hours on High or 6 hours on Low until the chicken is moist and tender.Stir the chicken about 2 times, if possible, during the cooking and push the chicken down so it's immersed in the sauce.
- Optional: to thicken the sauce (do this about 1 hour before chicken is finished cooking). Make the corn starch slurry: mix cornstarch and cold water in small bowl. Stir the mixture so that all the cornstarch is completely dissolved, leaving no lumps.Quickly stir in the cornstarch slurry into the crock pot teriyaki mixture and combine well so that the cornstarch doesn't thicken and become lumpy. Finish cooking for the final hour.
- Serve the hot and delicious chicken over rice, pasta or in a sandwich!
Here’s some more ideas for honey mustard chicken recipes.
This recipe was originally published in 2016 and re-published in 2020 with an updated video!