Greek Yogurt Rolls or Buns Recipe (No Yeast)
Our popular no yeast bread recipe made with greek yogurt has always been a hit! These easy greek yogurt rolls or buns is inspired from our popular easy yogurt bagels recipe. Now there’s an easy no yeast buns or rolls recipe made with the same ingredients and it’s fantastic! The rolls come out fluffy, most and delicious! The greek yogurt gives a tangy flavor to the bread, making it very similar to sourdough flavors. Within minutes and only 2 ingredients you can have a satisfying bread for breakfast, lunch or dinner! These healthy rolls are great for a breakfast sandwich, lunch sandwich and sliders for dinner. Throughout the day, you’ll be satisfied with homemade bread made easy without yeast.
Video: No Yeast Greek Yogurt Rolls Recipe
How to Make No Yeast Greek Yogurt Rolls or Buns
Follow our easy step-by-step photos below. The key is to make sure to use thick greek yogurt. This thick texture helps make the dough less sticky and soft. If you use a softer “greek-style” yogurt, just make sure to drain as much liquid as possible that collects in the yogurt container. Have delicious fun with these rolls by adding different toppings if you like. Cheese, everything but the bagel seasoning, cinnamon, extra butter are just a few ideas to make these rolls outstanding! They’re super fun to make too so you can get the whole family involved while you’re at home together. All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
All Our Amazing No-Yeast Bread Recipe Here, Including our popular No Yeast Sweet Potato Rolls Recipe
Easy 2-Ingredient Greek Yogurt Rolls
For the Bagels:
- 1 cup (240 ML) plain, thick greek yogurt , *see note below recipe
- 1 cup (125 g) self rising flour , *if using all-purpose flour, see note above
Optional Top ingredients:
- 1 (1 ) egg , beaten (optional)
- sesame seeds or other toppings (optional)
- If there’s liquid on top of the yogurt drain it before you measure it out. Combine yogurt and flour until all the flour is mixed into the yogurt and dough forms a ball.
- Lightly flour a cutting board. Knead the dough for about 30 seconds. Cut the dough into 6 equal parts. If dough is sticky lightly flour your hands. Don’t add too much flour or the dough will become tough.
- Roll each dough piece into a ball. Place rolls on prepared baking sheet far enough apart to give room for them to rise. Allow to rest and rise (will rise just a little) for about 15 minutes. Optional - Brush egg over the rolls. If adding seeds, sprinkle seeds or seasonings on top of rolls.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Rotate sheet pan halfway through cooking.
- After 25-30 minutes and they are lightly browned, increase oven heat to 450°F and bake for additional 4-5 minutes or until the rolls are golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- We prefer the Stonyfield non-fat greek yogurt and Fage Greek Plain Yogurts (all the different fat %'s worked great). If you want to use whole milk yogurt, the Chobani whole milk greek yogurt is also thick and easy to work with.
- These rolls have a wonderful yogurt taste so don’t be surprise if there’s a slight sour taste to them.
- The egg wash is optional and for folks who can’t eat eggs feel free to leave it out. But if you can eat eggs, they add a great chewy and crisp, brown texture to the rolls.
More awesome bread recipes here. If you made our recipes, please share with us on social media! We’d love to see your creations. And if you made this recipe, please share in the comments below. Thanks so much!