This is a lovely one layer pineapple cake. And if you like frosting, we have a frosting version too! It’s one of those quick and easy cake recipes that will be your go-to dessert for all occasions. This pineapple cake is moist and with the perfect balance of fragrant spices and pineapple flavor. If you are a frosting lover, you can add any frosting you like, including chocolate frosting, buttercream frosting or your favorite cream cheese frosting recipe.
This is a great easy cake for year round, especially if you love pineapple flavor. The tiny bits and chunks of pineapple add great text and flavor to every bite. That’s why even people who don’t think they like pineapple, end up loving this cake and gobble up more than one piece for themselves.
The Pineapple Cake is so delicious. Watch and drool:
This cake isn’t too sweet, so it’s a great all around dessert for all taste buds. If you want it sweeter, you can always add more sugar. But if you go the frosting route, we personally wouldn’t make it any sweeter. With the sweetness of frostings added, you’ll find that it’s a great balance between sweet and tender cake. Because it’s not too sweet, it’s a great morning cake or holiday cake to have along with your coffee. In fact, it’s absolutely wonderful with coffee and one of our favorite morning pastry cakes when we have friends over.
The flavor is easily adaptable as well. Just add more of your favorite fragrant spices to amp up the flavor of each bite.
We haven’t tried it yet, but are thinking these make great muffins as well! That’ll be our next recipe update: pineapple muffins, so stay tuned for our latest adaption of everyones favorite pineapple cake. Hope you all enjoy and try this awesome dessert because it’s always the “surprise hit” at a party. And check out this incredible hummingbird cake. Thanks for joining us on our cake obsession.
This recipe was originally published in 2014 and re-published in 2017 with a new video!
Easy, Moist and Spiced Pineapple Cake Recipe
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (10g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5g) ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon (5g) ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 20 oz. (567g) crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- cream cheese frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8x8-inch square baking pan with non stick spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ginger powder, ground allspice and salt.In another bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until combined. Beat in the eggs, crushed pineapple, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Stir the flour mixture into the pineapple mixture until combined. Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.Allow cake to completely cool. Add optional frosting, cut and serve.